JAMB History Syllabus 2023/2024 For UTME Examination.
This article is all about Jamb latest syllabus for History. Firstly, what is Syllabus? A syllabus is a document that outlines everything that will be covered in an examination or class. However, Jamb Syllabus is a list of outlined topic that student is required to read to get prepared for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
If you are getting prepared for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination conduct by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board then you have nothing to fair. Newsedung.com will provide all the necessary guides that will help the student to come out in flying colors excluding expos.
If you are participating in the upcoming UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination), and you need the Jamb History outlines topic that needs to be read for the preparation of the Jamb Examination, then I guess this article is for you;
Steps to take before obtaining the 2023/2024 Jamb Form;
- Choice a course
- Make a research on the course
- Search for the O’level requirement for the course
- Then Lastly, Check the Jamb Subject combination of the course if History is among the subject combination of the course you wish to study then you are good to go.
Jamb History Syllabus 2023/2024 General Objectives
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in History is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examinations. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- Impart knowledge of Nigerian history from earliest times to the present;
- Identify the similarities and relationships among the peoples of Nigeria as they relate to the issues of national unity and integration;
- Appreciate Nigerian history as the basis to understand West African and African history;
- Apply history to understand Nigerian and Africa’s relationship with the wider world;
- Analyse issues of modernization and development;
- Relate the past to the present and plan for the future.
Jamb History Syllabus 2023/2024 Recommend Textbook
- Abba, A (2006) The Politics of Mallam Aminu Kano, Kaduna Vanguard and Publishers.
- Ayandele, A. E. et al (1986) The Making of Modern Africa, The Twentieth Century Vol 2., Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1971) History of West Africa Vol. I, London, Longman.
- Ajayi and Crowther (1974) History of West Africa Vol. II, London, Longman
- Akinloye, S. A. (1976) Emergent African States: Topics in Twentieth Century African History, Longman.
- Akinyemi, A. B., Agbi, S. O. and Otunbanjo, A. O. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 years. (International Relations) Vol x, Heinemann. Ibadan.
- Anene J. C. and Brown, G (1966) African in the 19th and 20th centuries, Ibadan: University Press.
- Anene J. C. (1966) Southern Nigeria in Transition, 1885 – 1906, Cambridge: University Press.
- Anene, J. C and Brown, G (eds) (1972) African in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries: A Handbook for Teachers and Students, Ibadan: University Press and Nelson.
- Ashiwaju A. I., Croder, M and Denzer, I. R. (eds) Tariki 25, Grassroots Leadership in Colonial West Africa, Vol. 7, London: Longman.
- Atanda, J. A. Ashiwaju, G and Abubakar, Y. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First Years: Religion Vol. i., Ibadan Heinemann.
- Barkindo, B. et al (1989) Africa and the Wider World, Vol. 1. Lagos: Longman.
- Barkindo, B. et al (1996) Africa and the Wider World, Vols. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman
- Boahen, A (1969) The Revolutionary years: Africa since 1800 Longman publishers.
- Boahen, A (1969) The Revolutionary years: West Africa since 1800, Longman Publishers
- Sokoto Caliphate: History and Legacies, 1804 – 2004, vols. I and II, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Celeman, J. S. (1986) Nigeria: Background to Nationalism, Benin: Broburg and Wistrom.
- Clerk, T. A. (1991) Right Honourable Gentleman: The Life and Times of Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Zaria: Hudahuda Publishing Company.
- Cohen, D. I. and Daniel, J. (eds) (1981) Political Economy of Africa: Selected Readings, London, Longman.
- Crowther, M. West Africa: An introduction to its History, Longman, 1977.
- Crowther, M. Nigeria: An introduction to its History, London:Longman,1979.
- Dike, K. O. (1956) Trade and Politics in the Niger Delta, London: Oxford University Press.
- Ekeh, P. P and Ashiwaju, G. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years: Culture, Vol. VII, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Falola, T. et al (1989) History of Nigeria Vol. I, Lagos: Longman.
- Falola T. et al (1989) History of Nigeria Vols. 2 and 3, Lagos: Longman.
- Gboyega, A., Abubakar, Y and Aliyu Y. (eds) (1989) Nigeria since Independence: The First 25 Years Public Administration, Vol. III, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hallet, R. (1975) Africa since 1875, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Hopkins, A. G. (1973) An Economic History of West Africa, Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Independence Movement in Africa (Part I), Vol. 3, No. 4 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) Tarikh: Government in Pre-Colonial Africa, Vol. 4, No. 2 London, Longman
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated): Peoples and Kingdoms of West Africa in the Pre-colonial Period, Vol. 5, No. 1 London: Longman.
- Ikime, O and Osoba, S. O. (eds) (undated) Tarikh: Europeans Conquest and African Resistance (Part 2), Vol. 4, London: Longman.
- Ikime, O (1977) The Fall of Nigeria: The British Conquest, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O (ed) (1974) Leadership in 19th Century Africa: Essays from Tarikh, London: Longman
- Ikime, O. (1968) Merchant Price of the Niger Delta, London: Heinemann.
- Ikime, O. (ed) (1980) Ground work of Nigerian History, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Iseihei, E. (1983) A History of Nigeria, London: Longman.
- Jorre, J. D. (1972) The Nigeria Civil War, London: Hordder and Stoughton.
- Kani, A. M. and Gandi, K. (1990) A State and Society in the Sokoto Caliphate, Series I, Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto.
- Mahdi, A., Kwanashei, G. A and Yakubu M. (eds) (1994) Nigeria: The state of the Nation and the Way Forward, Kaduna: Arewa House.
- Martin, P. M and Omera, P. (1995) (eds) Africa (Third Edition), Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Mohammed, B. (1982) Africa and Non-alignment: A study in the Foreign Relations of New Nations, Kano: Triumph Publishers.
- Mohammed A. S. and Adamu, S.(eds) (2005) Nigeria and the Reform of the United Nations, Zaria: Hanwa.
- Nzula, A. T., Potekhin and Zusmanovich (1979) Forced Labour in Colonial Africa, London: Zed Press.
- Offiong, D. A. (1980) Imperialism and Dependency: Obstacles to Development, Enugu: Fourth Dimension Publishers.
- Ojigbo, O. (1982) Shehu Shagari: The Biography of Nigeria’s First Executive President, Yugoslavia Mlandiska Knjiga.
- Okafor, I. (1989) History for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha, Jet Publishers.
- Oliver, T. and Afmore, A. (1996) Africa since 1880 (Fourth Edition) New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Olusanya G. O. (1973) The Second World War and Politics in Nigeria, 1939 – 1953, Ibadan: Evans.
- Omar O. (1966) The Zulu Aftermath: A Nineteenth-Century Revolution in Bantu Africa, London: Longman.
IF YOU FIND THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL SOMEONE MIGHT ALSO NEED IT SO DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.
THANKS FOR VISITING NEWSEDUNG, LEAVE A COMMENT BEFORE CLOSING THE TAB.