Hello Folks, In this article, I will share the latest WAEC Physics Syllabus. Note that the syllabus uploaded on the platform is up-to-date i.e the updated version. The West African Examination Council created this syllabus for candidates planning to write the senior secondary school examination, be it the private examination (first and second series) or school examination.
The Waec Physics Syllabus is a document that outlines everything that will be covered in the examination or class. As a student, Go through the topics and look for a different textbook to read and practice. Also, test your ability or how prepared you are using the online Waec physics past question and answer.
How to use WAEC Physics Syllabus 2022/2023
- Download the PDF version of the syllabus
- Look for different Physics textbook
- Search for the topic in the textbook. Read, meditate and assimilate on what you’ve read
- Also, Look for WAEC Physics Series (Past Question) and treat it to know how well you’ve prepared.
WAEC Physics Syllabus 2022/2023
PREAMBLE: The syllabus is evolved from the Senior Secondary School teaching syllabus and is intended to indicate the scope of the course for the Physics examination.
It is structured with the conceptual approach. The broad concepts of matter, position, motion and time; energy; waves; fields; Atomic and Nuclear Physics, electronics are considered and each concept forms a part on which other sub-concepts are further based.
AIMS: The aims of the syllabus are to enable candidates
- acquire proper understanding of the basic principles and applications of Physics;
- develop scientific skills and attitudes as pre-requisites for further scientific activities;
- recognize the usefulness, and limitations of the scientific method to appreciate its applicability ion other disciplines and in every life;
- develop abilities, attitudes, and skills that encourage efficient and safe practice;
- develop scientific attitudes such as accuracy, precision, objectivity, integrity, initiative, and inventiveness.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION: There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2, and 3, all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
- PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple-choice questions lasting 1¼ hours and carrying 50 marks.
- PAPER 2: Will consist of two sections, Sections A and B lasting1½ hours and carrying 60 marks.
- Section A – Will comprise seven short-structured questions. Candidates will be required to answer any five questions for a total of 15 marks.
- Section B – Will comprise five essay questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any three for 45 marks.
- PAPER 3: Will be a practical test for school candidates or an alternative to practical work paper for private candidates. Each version of the paper will comprise three questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any two in 2¾ hours for 50 marks.
IF YOU FIND THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL SOMEONE MIGHT ALSO NEED IT SO DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.
THANKS FOR VISITING NEWSEDUNG, LEAVE A COMMENT BEFORE CLOSING THE TAB.