Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Biology with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Biology it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Biology in any institution you must be a science student.
Biology O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Biology” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
Any other three subject
JAMB Subject Combination for Biology
To become a graduate of Biology in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Biology are:
- Use Of English
- Either Biology, Chemistry or Economics
Direct Entry Requirement for Biology
Federal University of Technology Minna accepts;
- NCE credit, ND/HND lower credit plus the UTME requirements into 200 and 300 levels respectively.
University of Lagos requires;
- Very good passes in the following three (3) JUPEB/’A’- level subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Ebonyi State University accepts;
- NCE credit, ND/HND lower credit plus the UTME requirements into 200 level.
Ajayi Crowther University – Same as in Microbiology.
- ND/NCE or relevant qualification upper credit/merit in Biology, Health Science/ Zoology or Botany.
Federal University of Technology Akure accepts;
- GCE Advanced Level or equivalent with at least C grade in at least two (2) of the following subjects: Biology and any one of Chemistry and Physics; or
- ND from a recognized institution with a minimum of Upper Credit or equivalent recognized polytechnics and Colleges of Technology in related discipline
Cross River University of Technology accepts;
- ND/HND lower credit in Biology, Biotechnology, Zoology, Microbiology, Botany, Laboratory
Science, or related programmes plus the UTME requirement.
Kebbi State University of Science and Technology requires;
- Two (2) A level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Botany/Zoology. NCE merit accepted.
Niles University – Same as in Computer Science.
University of Abuja accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology, Botany, Zoology and Chemistry or Physics. Or NCE minimum 10 points and ND upper credit in relevant programmes.
Mountain Top accepts – Candidates seeking admission by Direct Entry into 200 Level in B.Sc (Hons) Biology must have at least five (5) O’level credits in the English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and are also required to have passed a minimum of two (2) relevant subjects (which must include Biology) at JUPEB, GCE/IJMB Advanced level or any approved equivalents in relevant science subjects.
Federal University Dutsinma accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level passes in Botany/Zoology/ Biology and Chemistry.
- ND/NCE with good grades in any relevant field.
Kings University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and any one of Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
- NCE/ND/HND in related field plus UTME requirement.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Botany/Zoology.
- NCE/OND/HND with credit passes from a recognised institution in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements.
- A very good passes in JUPEB in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- IJMB passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Federal University Gashua requires;
- HND lower Credit
- OND Upper Credit in Biological Science, Science laboratory technology (SLT) OR other related fields
- NCE (Merit) in Biology/ Integrated/ Biology /Geography/ Biology Chemistry and other related fields.
- IJMB Passes in Biology, Chemistry Physic or Mathematics, Botany/Zoology with at least 6 points are admitted into 200 Level.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include one of Biology, Botany, Zoology, and Chemistry.
Federal University Dutse accepts;
- National Diploma (ND) – Minimum of Lower Credit in programmes relevant to the course/programme of choice which must include Science Laboratory Technology, Marine Biology, Fisheries etc.
- IJMB Candidates must obtain minimum of eight (8) points with at least a ‘D’ grade in Biology and Chemistry.
- NCE Candidates must obtain a total of Eight (8) points.
Federal University Lokoja requires;
- 2 A’ Level Passes to include Biology/Botany/ Zoology & Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics;
- IJMB minimum of 8 points with passes in relevant subjects;
- NCE Credit pass in Credit pass in Biology/Agricultural Science /Lab. Tech & any related subject combination;
- ND Upper Credit in Science Laboratory Technology, Microbiology, and any other related field;
- HND Lower Credit in Science Laboratory Technology, Microbiology, and any other related field.
- Two (2) A-Level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Botany/Zoology.
- NCE merit accepted.
Federal University Wukari accepts;
- ‘A’ level passes in Science subjects at GCE A/ Level IJMB/Advanced NABTEB or a merit pass at NCE or at
least Lower credit in OND/HND in relevant field. Candidate must also satisfy UTME admission requirements of five credits in Science subjects including English and Mathematics.
Federal University Kashere accepts;
- Two credit passes in NCE Biology or ND Science Lab,
- Two ‘A’ level credit passes in Botany, Zoology and Chemistry or Physics.
- Credit passes in NCE and IJMB, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Physics Mathematics.
Landmark University accepts;
- Two (2) A level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Botany/Zoology.
- NCE merit accepted.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in Biology, Agricultural Science, Integrated Science, Mathematics, Geography,
- Diploma in Laboratory Science, Environmental Science or any other relevant course with at least Lower Credit.
Federal University of Technology Owerri requires;
- At least two ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and Biology.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in life sciences.
- First Degree in life sciences.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Biology and Physics. It does not accept NCE.
Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR BIOLOGY” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.
Leave a Reply