Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Physics with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Physics it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Physics in any institution you must be a science student.
O’Level Physics Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Physics” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Physics
To become a graduate of Physics in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Physics are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Physics
Obafemi Awolowo University and Benue State University accept;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Chemistry.
University of Maiduguri and University of Uyo accept
- NCE merit with Physics major.
University of Ibadan accepts;
- NCE/ND credit/merit in Mathematics and one (1) other approved Science subject.
University of Nigeria Nsukka accepts;
- NCE Physics or ND or HND in Physics or Engineering.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics plus the UTME requirements.
Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) accepts;
- ND at Upper Credit or its equivalent in Science Technology, Electronics and Electrical Engineering; or
- GCE (‘A’ Level) or its equivalent with not less than C grade in Physics and at least one subject selected from the following; Mathematics and Chemistry.
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University accepts;
- ND/HND credit in relevant programmes and ‘O’ Level pass in English Language under exceptional circumstances.
- ND lower credit in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
Abia State University accepts;
- NCE merit in Physics and Mathematics
- ND credit in Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering Science Technology and Mathematics.
SALEM and UMUDIKE require
- ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics/Further Mathematics.
University of Ilorin accepts;
- G.C.E. ‘A’ Level or equivalent (e.g. NCE.) in a minimum of two relevant science subjects (Mathematics and Physics). The NCE must be Distinction or Merit.
- ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Physics plus ‘O’ Level credit in Mathematics and Biology.
Delta State University accepts;
- GCE ‘A’ Level passes (or its equivalents)
- NCE with passes in Physics and (Mathematics or Chemistry), or merit in University Diploma programme
- Upper credit in polytechnic OND in Physics, Engineering field or Computer Science, in addition to the required SSC or GCE ordinary level credits.
University of Calabar requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes or their equivalents in Physics and either Chemistry or Mathematics plus ‘O’ Level credit passes in Physics, English Language, Mathematics and two (2) Science subjects.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) accepts;
- ND upper credit in Physics, Electrical/Electronics, Science Laboratory Technology or related programmes.
- NCE credit in Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry or Biology
Olabisi Onabajo University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes including Physics and any other Science subject.
- ND lower credit in Geography, Electrical/ Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Pure & Applied Science, Science Laboratory Technology.
- Final Certificate in NIST and Data Processing lower credit.
University of Benin requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Chemistry/ Mathematics
- ND upper credit /HND lower credit in Science Laboratory Technology, Computer Engineering and related programmes,
- NCE merit with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Physics.
Ambrose Ali University accepts;
- ND credit or two (2) ‘A’ Level passes or their equivalents plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes at not more than two (2) sittings.
Adekunle Ajasin University accepts;
- ND credit in Physics or Applied Mathematics.
Gombo State University accepts;
- ND/HND/NCE/IJAMB/ ‘A’ Level or its equivalent in addition to five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes.
Benson Idahosa University accepts;
- Two (2)’A’ Level passes in relevant subjects
- NCE 3 merits or ND credit in relevant programme.
Bowen University accepts;
- ‘A’ Level /IJMB/NCE/ ND or approved equivalent in Mathematics and Physics. In exceptional cases Physics and Chemistry may be considered.
University of Osun accepts;
- ‘A’ Level pass in Geography in lieu of Mathematics and Chemistry.
- ND lower credit or approved equivalents.
Bells University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- ND/HND in related programme plus the UTME requirements.
- NCE/Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry.
- ND merit in Physics, Engineering Science or Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Science Technology.
- ND/NCE in related subjects plus the UTME requirements.
- Three (3) ‘A’ Level passes which must include Physics combination.
- NCE merit and ND/HND credit in related programmes in addition to the UTME requirements.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi accepts;
- OND – 200 Level
- NCE two (2) credits in relevant subjects – 200 Level.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and Physics – 200level.
Caleb University accepts;
- ND credit in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Sciences related studies may be considered for admission by direct entry provided they have the UTME subjects at one (1) sitting.
University of Lagos requires;
- Very good passes in the following three (3) JUPEB/A -level subjects in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- Candidate must satisfy the ‘O’ level Requirements which include credit in Further Mathematics.
Niger Delta University accepts
- ND/ ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Geography.
Osun State University of Science and Technology accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry.
- ND distinction and credit in relevant programmes.
Kano University of Science and Technology accepts;
- ND/HND lower credit and NCE credit plus ‘O’ Level credit passes in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and one (1) other science subjects.
Federal University of Technology Owerri accepts;
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Physics and Mathematics.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology or Engineering.
- First Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
Ahmadu Bello University accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level /IJMB passes which must include Physics and Mathematics.
- NCE Physics/Mathematics in addition to O/L requirements.
- Diploma in Physics with Upper Credit in addition to O/L requirements.
Federal University Lafia accepts;
- IJMB: Minimum of 9 points in Physics, Mathematics or any other relevant subject.
- NCE: At least Merit pass in Physics and any other relevant subjects.
- OND: At least lower credit pass in any relevant subjects.
- HND in any relevant discipline.
- GCE: 2 A’ level credit level passes in Physics, Mathematics or any other relevant subjects.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR PHYSICS” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.