Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Zoology with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Zoology it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Zoology in any institution you must be a science student.
Zoology O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Zoology” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Zoology
To become a graduate of Zoology in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Zoology are:
Any other two subject
Direct Entry Requirement for Zoology
Obafemi Awolowo University accepts;
- ‘A’ Level pass in Zoology or Botany.
University of Calabar accepts;
- Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics
University of Nigeria Nsukka accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology plus the UTME requirements.
- A degree in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements, HND and NCE credit is acceptable.
University of Uyo accepts;
- ND/HND in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements.
Lagos State University accepts
- Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology plus ‘O’ Level pass in Physics.
UMUDIKE and AAU accept;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and one (1) from Biology/Botany/Zoology.
Delta State University accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes to include Chemistry and ND upper credit in Science Technology
- ‘A’ Level passes in both Chemistry and Biology.
Ekiti State University accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in both Chemistry and Biology.
- ND upper credit in Biology/ Agricultural Science and Chemistry.
University of Lagos accepts;
- Very good passes in the following three (3) JUPEB/A-level subjects: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Kebbi State University of Science and Technology accepts;
- Any two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science
- NCE in Agricultural Science.
- A’ Level pass in Chemistry or Mathematics will be an advantage but is not compulsory.
University of Benin accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Biology, Zoology and any other Science subject.
- ND upper credit/HND lower credit in Science Laboratory Technology, Food Technology
- NCE merit with credit in Biology or Zoology
University of Ilorin accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and Chemistry.
Ahmadu Bello University accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level /IJMB passes which must include Biology or Botany or Zoology and Chemistry in addition to O/L requirements.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include Botany, Zoology or Biology and any one (1) of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- ND/NCE merit in relevant subjects
- IJMB/ ‘A’ Level passes in any three (3) of the following subjects Biology, Chemistry and any one (1) of Mathematics, Physics or Agricultural Science.
- ND lower credit in the following areas: Science Laboratory Technology Biology/Microbiology Option, Animal Health and Husbandry, and Food Science Technology.
- The candidate must also have the five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
River State University of Science and Technology accepts:
- HND (Lower Credit) in relevant discipline.
- OND/ND (Upper Credit) in relevant discipline.
- HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level passes in at least two (2) relevant subjects; One of which must be Biology.
Edo University, Iyamho accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology, Zoology or Botany and one other Science subject.
- NCE/OND/HND with credit passes from a recognised institution in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements.
- A very good passes in JUPEB in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- IJMB passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Federal University of Technology Akure requires;
- ND at a minimum of upper credit level in Oceanography, Mineral Exploration, Mineral Resources Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, Meteorology, Marine Biology and Science Technology; or
- ‘A’ Level or equivalent passes at one sitting with at least six (6) points in two (2) of the following subjects: Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
Federal University Oye Ekiti requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics or Biology.
Bayero University accepts;
- IJMB, NCE – Minimum of B grade in the relevant subject combination, minus education in all programmes in the faculty of Life Sciences.
Federal University Lokoja accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include one (1) of Botany, Zoology, Biology or Chemistry;
- IJMB minimum of 8 points with passes in relevant subjects;
- NCE Credit pass in Biology and Chemistry;
- ND upper credit in Biological Science, Science Laboratory Technology or related programmes from a recognized institution;
- HND lower credit in relevant programmes from Accredited Tertiary Institutions; Degree (Third Class) relevant to the programme.
PHC – For Animal and Environmental Biology accepts
- Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or IJMB or JUPEB passes in Biology and any one of Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics including UTME entry requirements.
- OND (Upper Credit) in related Science disciplines including UTME entry requirements.
Federal University, Lafia accepts;
- IJMB: Minimum of 9 points in Biology and any two from Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
- ND: At least lower credit Wildlife conservation, Fishery, Science Lab. Technology or any other relevant discipline/HND.
- NCE: Merit in integrated science, Biology, agric. Science and any relevant subject.
- GCE Advanced Level with at least 2 credit passes in Biology/Zoology and any two of Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
Federal University Kashere accepts;
- Three ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and any other two of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology and Geography OR Minimum of 9 points in IJMB, 10 points in NCE with credit pass in the subject of specialization OR at least a Lower Credit pass in relevant Diploma.
Federal University Dutsinma accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level passes in Botany/ Zoology/ Biology and Chemistry.
- ND/NCE with good grades in any relevant field.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.