Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Mathematics with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Mathematics it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Mathematics in any institution you must be a science student.
O’Level Mathematics Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Mathematics” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics
To become a graduate of Mathematics in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Mathematics are:
Direct Entry Requirements for Mathematics
River State University of Science and Technology accepts:
- HND (Lower Credit) from recognized institutions.
- OND/ND (Upper Credit) from recognized institution.
- At least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and Physics
Bayero University accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics and any other science subject.
- NCE with at least merit in Mathematics and one of Physics, Chemistry.
- Accepts Biology
University of Lagos accepts;
- Very good passes in the following three (3) JUPEB/’A’-level subjects: Physics, Mathematics and any one(1) of Chemistry, Biology, Economics and Geography and requires ‘O’ level credit pass in Further Mathematics. Does not accept NCE.
University of Ibadan accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes including Mathematics and any Science subject
- NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) other approved Science subject.
Delta State University requires;
- ‘A’ Level passes which must include Mathematics and a Science subject.
University of Benin accepts;
- ND upper credit /HND lower credit in Mathematics/Statistics or Science Laboratory Technology in relevant subjects.
- NCE merit with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics or Physics.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta accepts;
- ND with a minimum of Upper Credit or equivalent in Mathematics and Statistics, Physics Electronics and Computer Science from recognized Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology; or
- GCE (‘A’ Level) or equivalent with passes in Mathematics and any of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science.
University of Jos does not accept ND in Computer Science and Statistics, Geography and Mathematics
Adekunle Ajasin University requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in GCE or the Higher School Certificate (HSC) or any recognized equivalent in not more than two sitting. The subjects should include Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry.
- Diploma from other recognized Universities with at least an Upper credit/credit level pass in Mathematics/Statistics, Mathematics and Education, Diploma in Computer Science and Science Laboratory Technology.
- HND with at least a lower credit level pass in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science or SLT in the relevant area from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology.
- NCE with at least a credit level pass in Mathematics and Statistics/Economics, Computer Science Study from a recognized College of Education. In addition candidates should have at least an overall credit level pass
- A Bachelor of Science degree certificate in any of the disciplines in Physical Sciences with at least 3rd Class
University of Uyo accepts;
- ND/HND in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements
Federal University of Technology Owerri requires;
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Mathematics and Physics.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology or Engineering.
- First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
Bowen University accepts;
- ‘A’ Level /IJMB/NCE/ND or approved equivalent in Mathematics and any one (1) of Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Statistics and Physics
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta same as in Physics.
University of Osun accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and other science subject from Physics and Chemistry.
Kwara State University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes or its equivalent, one (1) of which must be in a relevant subject.
- ND upper credit in relevant programme
- HND lower credit in relevant programme.
- NCE credit in relevant subjects may be considered for Direct Entry Admission provided they possess the necessary ‘O’ Level requirements
Osun State University of Science and Technology requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and any one (1) of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics and Geography.
- ND distinction and credit in relevant programmes.
Ahmadu Bello University accepts;
- ‘A’ Level/IJMB passes in Mathematics and any two (2) of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography and Geology.
- NCE Mathematics and any of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography Geology and Computer Science.
University of Abuja accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and either Physics and /or Chemistry OR NCE minimum 10 points with credit in Mathematics and another Science subject
- ND upper credit in relevant programme in addition to the UTME requirements
Federal University Oye Ekiti requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and any other of Physics and Chemistry
- A minimum of upper credit in OND/NCE Mathematics/Statistics from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Education.
Plateau State University accepts;
- Degree in any programme provided the candidate meets the UTME requirements.
- HND lower credit in relevant programmes, with the UTME requirements.
- ND lower credit in relevant programme, with the UTME requirements.
- IJMB minimum of seven (7) points with passes in relevant subjects, with the UTME requirements.
- PLASU does not accept university diplomas and other diplomas not accredited by the relevant accrediting bodies.
Federal University Lokoja requires;
- In addition to meeting the UTME Entry Requirements; 2 A’ Level Passes to include Mathematics & any one of Physics, Geography, Chemistry, Biology, Economics or Statistics;
- IJMB minimum of 9 points with passes in relevant subjects;
- NCE Credit Pass in Mathematics & any other relevant subject combination;
- ND upper credit in Statistics or Computer Science;
- HND lower credit in Lower Credit in Mathematics or any other relevant combination; Degree (Third Class) relevant courses from any recognized institution.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR MATHEMATICS” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.