Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Agricultural Engineering with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Agricultural Engineering it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Agricultural engineering in any institution you must be a science student.
Please Note: This subject combination also applies to Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering, Agricultural & Biosystem Engineering, Agricultural & Environmental Engineering.
O’Level Agricultural Engineering Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Agricultural Engineering” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
- Any form of Agricultural Subject including Agric Science, Materials & Workshop Process and Machining, Tractor Layout Power Unit Under Carriage and Auto Electricity; Transmission System; Implement and Machine; Principles of Crop Husbandry and Land Use, Materials and Workshop Processes; Construction and Maintenance of Agricultural Machines; general Metal Work; General Wood Work and Building/Engineering Drawing
JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Engineering
To become a graduate of Agricultural engineering in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Agricultural Engineering are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Agricultural Engineering
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level/IJMB Passes in Mathematics, and Physics, or Chemistry.
- ND with at least Upper Credit in Agricultural Engineering from an accredited institution.
- HND Lower Credit in Agricultural Engineering from an accredited institution.
Afe Babalola University and Ladoke Akintola University Accepts;
- Same as in Chemical Engineering.
- ND/HND upper credit.
Federal University Oye (FUOYE) requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry or equivalents.
- ND upper credit in Agricultural Engineering or relevant programs.
Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) accepts;
- OND at upper credit level or equivalent professional qualification in Agricultural Engineering;
- ‘A’ Level passes at one sitting in at least two of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) requires;
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, or Engineering.
- First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet UTME ‘O’ Level requirements.
University of Ibadan accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics and Mathematics plus UTME requirements. Accepts
- ND/HND upper credit to 200/300 levels plus UTME requirements. Knowledge of Further Mathematics is an advantage for all Engineering Courses.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accepts;
a) 200 Level
- A- Level /IJMB or approved equivalent pass in Mathematics (Pure, Applied or pure and Applied), Physics and Chemistry
- National Diploma in Agricultural Engineering or a relevant Engineering Discipline at Distinction or Upper Credit level from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology plus at least one year Post ND Experience.
b) 300 Level
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Agricultural Engineering or a relevant Engineering Discipline, at distinction or Upper Credit level from a recognized Polytechnic or a College of Technology.
Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) accepts;
- ND/HND upper credit.
University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) requires;
- ND lower credit/merit or nine (9) points in IJMB.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level/IJMB passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- HND upper credit and a first-class degree in relevant programmes.
- HND lower credit/ND upper credit, and NCE Technical.
- NCE credit in relevant programmes plus UTME requirements.
Niger Delta University accepts;
- At least three (3) ‘A’ Level passes or equivalents in Physics, Mathematics/Further Mathematics, and Chemistry
- ND/HND upper credit and above, in the relevant programmes from an approved Polytechnic or related institution. They should be admitted into 200 and 300 levels respectively.
Obafemi Awolowo University requires;
- Two (2) A’ level passes in Physics, Pure Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics, and Chemistry
- ND upper credit.
River State University of Science and Technology accepts:
- HND (Lower Credit) in relevant discipline.
- OND/ND (Upper Credit) in relevant disciplines.
- At least three (3) ‘A’ Level passes at GCE in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language.
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike accepts;
- ND/HND with good grades in relevant programmes.
Landmark University accepts;
- A-Level passes or equivalent in Physics and Mathematics.
Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola accepts;
- GCE `A’ Level credit passes in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Lower Credit in OND/HND Agric. Engineering or any other relevant field.
- IJMB 7 points minimum in English, Physics, Chemistry/Mathematics.
University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics plus UTME requirements.
- HND/ND/NCE in relevant programmes
- Complete pass in examination or equivalent
- Pass in final examinations of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.
Leave a Reply