Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Electrical/Electronic Engineering with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Electrical/Electronic Engineering it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Electrical/Electronic engineering in any institution you must be a science student.
O’Level Electrical/Electronic Engineering Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Electrical/Electronic Engineering” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Electrical/Electronic Engineering
To become a graduate of Electrical/Electronic engineering in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Electrical/Electronic Engineering are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) accepts;
- Two A level/IJMB passes which must include Physics and Mathematics.
- ND or equivalent in Electrical Eng. or relevant field, with a minimum of Upper Credit from an accredited institution.
- HND with at least lower credit in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- ABU Diploma in Computer Engineering with a Minimum of Merit.
University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) accepts
- HND lower credit or ND upper credit in Electrical Engineering from accredited institutions plus UTME requirements into 200 level.
Lagos State University (LASU) accepts;
- ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes for a four (4) year programme.
- Same as in Mechanical Engineering.
Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) accepts;
- ND/HND lower credit in relevant programmes plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and one other science subject.
PHC – No Direct Entry.
River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) accepts:
- HND (Lower Credit) in relevant discipline.
- OND/ND (Upper Credit) in relevant disciplines.
- At least three (3) ‘A’ level passes at GCE in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) accepts;
- Same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
Afe Babalola University and Cross River University of Technology accepts;
- same as in Civil Engineering
BAUCHI, AAU, do not accept D7 in English Language
Bells University accepts;
- same as in Computer Engineering.
University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts;
- Same as in Chemical Engineering.
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) accepts;
- ND/HND/lower credit in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering.
Ekiti State University accepts;
- ND upper credit in Electrical Engineering and HND lower credit in Electrical Engineering.
ESUTECH and BAUCHI accept;
- ND/HND in relevant programmes with UTME requirements.
Federal University Oye Ekiti accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or equivalents.
- ND upper credit in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant programmes.
Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) accepts;
- ND with a minimum of upper credit level or equivalent in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from accredited and recognised Polytechnics institutions
- ‘A’ Level or equivalent in at least two (2) of the following; Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics with grades not lower than B.
Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) requires;
- At least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry.
- OND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science or Engineering.
- First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet UTME ‘O’ Level requirements.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accepts;
(200 Level) – In addition to O’Level and Post-UTME requirements, candidates must have either of the following:
- A’Level IJMB or approved equivalent Pass at credit level in Mathematics, Pure or Applied Physics, and Chemistry with a minimum of 10 points.
- OND (Distinction or Upper Credit) in Electrical Engineering or a Relevant Engineering Discipline, from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology, plus at least one-year post diploma experience.
- First Degree from Physics, Telecommunications Science at Second Class Upper Division may be admitted into 200 Level.
(300 Level) – In addition to the requirements into 200 level, candidates in this category are required to
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical Engineering or a relevant Engineering discipline, at Distinction or Upper Credit level from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology.
- First Degree Honours in Engineering discipline with a minimum of second class lower may be admitted into 300 Level.
University of Jos (UNIJOS) requires;
- ‘A’ Level or IJMB passes in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- It also accepts ND (credit level) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or a closely related programmes from recognised institutions.
- Accepts ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH) accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Pure Mathematics, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Chemistry.
- ND/HND Upper Credit in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering plus UTME requirements.
- Do not accept D7 in English Language
Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola accepts;
- GCE `A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Lower Credit in OND/HND In Electrical/Electronic Eng. or any other relevant field
- IJMB 7 points minimum in English, Physics, Chemistry/Mathematics
Nigerian Defence Academy requires;
- Other Science subject from Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Biology and Geography.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi and Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta accepts;
- Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
Nile University and University of Uyo accepts;
- Same as in Computer Engineering.
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) accepts;
- ND/HND upper credit.
Niger Delta University (NDU) – No Direct Entry.
UMUDIKE and OOU accept;
- ND/HND into appropriate levels plus the UTME requirements.
University of Osun (UNIOSUN) accepts;
- ND lower credit in Electrical/Electronics.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) accepts;
- first degree in relevant programmes
University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
- Same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- OND/HND not below credit level.
- Very good passes in JUPEB/IJMB subjects: Literature in English and two (2) Arts or Social Sciences.
- B.Sc. in Relevant field not below Second Class Lower.
Delta State University requires
- GCE ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or equivalent.
- Merit in DELSU Diploma in Engineering.
- ND in Engineering from Polytechnics with a grade not below Upper Credit.
Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun requires
- ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
University of Lagos (UNILAG) accepts;
- Very good passes in three JUPEB/A’ Level subjects: Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- ‘A’ level Cambridge
- HND/ND (Upper Credit) in related Engineering courses.
- Three (3) Advanced level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, including UTME entry requirements.
- OND (upper credit) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and COREN accredited institution
including UTME entry requirements.
- HND (lower credit) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and COREN accredited institution with two (2) years working experience including UTME entry requirements.
Landmark University accepts;
- Two (2) A-Level passes in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one (1) of Mathematics, Statistics, Physics and Chemistry.
- NCE/ND/HND Lower credit in one (1) of Mathematics, Statistics, Physics and Chemistry.
- GCE A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB Passes in Mathematics and Physics or Chemistry.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.