Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Fisheries with Direct Entry Requirements. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Fisheries it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Fisheries in any institution you must be a science student.
Fisheries O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Fisheries” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credits in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries
To become a graduate of Fisheries in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Fisheries are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Fisheries
Federal University of Technology Minna accepts;
- ND/NCE with a minimum of lower credit plus the UTME requirements.
- ND/NCE credit into 200 level while those with HND may be admitted into 300 level.
University of Maiduguri accepts;
- ND/NCE/HND and any other equivalent qualification.
UMUDIKE and DELSU same as in Agriculture.
- GCE `A’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Agric. Science.
- HND with overall credit plus Credit passes in Chemistry & Biology/Agric. Science.
- OND/NCE with credit pass in Biology/Agric. Science with merit plus Chemistry.
- IJMB with at least 7 cumulative points in Biology/Agric. Sci., Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics.
Niger Delta University accepts;
- Passes at the GCE ‘A’ Level or HSC in three (3) of the following subjects: Biology, Zoology, Botany,
Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics or Mathematics;
- ND in Agriculture or Fisheries;
- Upper or lower credit HND/ND. In some cases, depending on the candidates CGPA, he/she may be recommended for admission into 300 level.
University of Benin – As in Agricultural Economics.
Ebonyi State University – As in Landscape Management
River State University of Science and Technology accepts:
- OND (Upper Credit) in related.
- NCE holders with credit passes in Biology or Agric Science may be admitted into Second Year.
- Two (2) HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology.
- Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Agricultural Science and any one from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Economics including UTME entry requirements.
- OND (Upper Credit) in Agriculture from a recognized Institution including UTME entry requirements.
- HND with at least a (Lower Credit) from a recognised institution, including UTME entry requirements for a 3-year degree programme.
- Diploma in Agriculture from a recognised institution with minimum of Credit Pass, including UTME entry requirements.
Olabisi Onabanjo University accept;
- ‘A’ Level passes, NCE merit passes in two (2) relevant subjects
- ND/Certificate of any of the Professional Examination Bodies in Agriculture, Cooperative Business Management, Finance or other related subjects.
University of Osun accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and one (1) from Biology, Agriculture, Physics, Geography and Mathematics.
Kebbi State University of Science and Technology accepts;
- GCE ‘A’ Level/NCE/IJMB or its equivalent in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science with minimum of score prescribed annually by the University Senate; and ‘O’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Mathematics and English Language as core and any two (2) of Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Geography, Electrical and Electronics, Technical Drawing.
- ND/HND (at least 2.75 CGPA) in relevant area and ‘O’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, and English Language as core and any two (2) of Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science and Geography.
University of Uyo accepts:
- ND upper credit, HND lower credit or NCE credit in relevant disciplines into 200 level.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Agricultural Science, Mathematics / Statistics, Geography.
Federal University Oye Ekiti requires:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/Agric Science/Zoology/Physics.
Ahmadu Bello University accepts:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level / IJMB Passes in Chemistry and any of Biology, Botany, Zoology and Agricultural Science.
- HND in Agriculture or related field of study with a minimum of Lower credit pass.
- ND in Agriculture or related field of study with a minimum of Lower Credit/Merit pass.
University of Ilorin accepts;
- HND with lower credit pass in Fisheries, Agriculture or related programs from NBTE accredited Institutions.
Bowen University requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include Chemistry and one of Physics, Biology, Human Nutrition.
Federal University Gashua requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level Passes in chemistry and one from Biology/Zoology/ Agric Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied).
- OND/ND (Upper Credit), HND (Lower credit) and NCE Merit and above into 200 Level.
- Gashua gives consideration to candidates with pass in Physics with credits pass in any one of Geography/Economics.
Federal University Wukari accepts;
- Candidates must obtain at least Two ‘A’ level passes at GCE/IJMB/Advanced NABTEB
- At least a Merit pass at NCE or a Lower credit at OND/HND in addition to obtaining FIVE (5) Credits at O/L including English Language and Mathematics.
Federal University Dutsinma accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level passes to include Chemistry and any one of Botany, Zoology and Biology/ Agricultural Science. IJMB in relevant subjects.
- OND/NCE in relevant fields.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR FISHERIES” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.