Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Microbiology with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Microbiology it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Microbiology in any institution you must be a science student.
Microbiology O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Microbiology” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Microbiology
To become a graduate of Microbiology in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Microbiology are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Microbiology
Ebonyi State University accepts;
- ND upper credit in Science or Food Technology
Ambrose Ali University accepts;
- Only first degree and five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in relevant subjects.
- ND upper credit/HND lower credit in the relevant programmes.
Federal University of Technology Akure requires;
- ND with a minimum grade of Upper Credit in relevant disciplines from a recognized institution; or
- At least two (2) subjects at GCE ‘A’ Level or equivalent with a minimum of Grade C.
University of Lagos accepts;
- Very good passes in the following three 3) JUPEB/A-level subjects: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta – Same as in Biological Science
Delta State University accepts;
- At least two ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and either Biology, Botany or Zoology.
- Diploma with upper credit in relevant courses in microbiology from polytechnic recognized by the University.
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University accepts;
- ND/HND/NCE lower credit in any related Science programmes with Biology Major in the combination.
Federal University of Technology Owerri requires;
For Science Laboratory Technology
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and one of Physics or Biology/Botany/Zoology.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Microbiology, Science Laboratory Technology, Physics, Chemistry or Geology.
- First Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry or Geology.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry and any two (2) of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
- At least two (2) ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any from Biology, Zoology and Botany.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in life sciences.
- First Degree in life sciences.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Biology and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
University of Benin accepts;
- ND upper credit / HND lower credit in Food Technology or Science Laboratory Technology
- NCE Merit with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Biology.
University of Uyo accepts;
- ND/HND in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements.
University of Calabar accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
University of Maiduguri accepts;
- HND in Microbiology and related programme.
- ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and Chemistry plus the UTME requirements.
Benson Idahosa University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes NCE 3 merits or ND credit in relevant subject/programme.
University of Osun requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- A minimum of lower credit and approved equivalents
University of Nigeria Nsukka accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology, or Chemistry and Zoology, or Chemistry and Botany in addition to the UTME requirements
Federal University Dutse accepts;
(a) For Microbiology:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes (Graded A-D in GCE A level, NCE, IJMB or OND) at the ‘A’ Level in relevant subjects (Biology, Botany, Chemistry and Physics) with minimum 8 points.
- ND upper credit must be related discipline or area, Science Laboratory Technology, Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology. Nursing Diploma at Pass level.
(b) For Environmental Management and Toxicology:
- GCE ‘A’ Level, IJMB, NCE-Minimum of Credit Pass
- OND Minimum of Lower Credit (i.e total minimum score of eight (8) points).
- NCE and OND courses are those with bias in Applied Sciences
- ‘A’ Level passes NCE, IJMB or its equivalent in Biology and Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Technical Drawing in addition to the UTME requirements.
- ND/HND credit in relevant programmes.
Osun State University of Technology requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology, Chemistry or Physics
- ND distinction and credit in relevant programmes
Caleb University accepts;
- ND credit in Science Laboratory Technology or Sciences related programmes for admission by direct entry provided they have the UTME subjects at one (1) sitting.
Federal University Dutsinma accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level passes in Botany /Zoology/Biology and Chemistry.
- ND/NCE with good grades in any relevant field.
Plateau State University accepts;
- Degree in any programme provided the candidate meets the UTME requirements
- HND lower credit in relevant programme, with the UTME requirements,
- ND lower credit in relevant programme, with the UTME requirements.
- Does not accept university diplomas and other diplomas not accredited by the relevant accrediting bodies.
Edo University, Iyamho accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and anyone from Biology, Zoology or Botany.
- NCE/OND/HND with credit passes from a recognised institution in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements.
- A very good passes in JUPEB in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- IJMB passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
River State University of Sceince and Tedchnology accepts:
- HND (Lower Credit) in related courses
- OND/ND (Upper Credit) in related courses.
- HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and Chemistry or Physics.
Federal University Oye Ekiti accepts;
- A minimum of upper credit in OND in a relevant Biological Science course,
- minimum of ‘B’ grade in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in IJMB
- overall ‘B’ grade in relevant courses or subjects in N.C.E
Bayero University accepts;
- IJMB, NCE – Minimum of B grade in the relevant subject combination, minus education in all programmes in the faculty of Life Sciences.
University of Ilorin accepts;
- UTME qualifications plus a minimum of two (2) A’ Level passes in Biology and Chemistry.
Federal University Wukari accepts;
- At least two ‘A’/ Level passes in relevant Science subjects which must include: Biology, Chemistry, Botany/Geography/Mathematics/Physics at GCE A/ level, IJMB/Advanced NABTEB
- Merit pass at NCE or at least a credit in OND/HND in relevant fields. Candidate must also satisfy UTME admission requirements of Five (5) Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
Federal University, Lokoja accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include one (1) of Botany, Zoology, Biology or Chemistry;
- IJMB minimum of 8 points with passes in relevant subjects;
- NCE Credit pass in Chemistry and Biology;
- ND upper credit in Biological Science, Science Laboratory Technology or related programmes from a recognised institution;
- HND lower credit in relevant programmes from Accredited Tertiary Institutions; Degree (Third Class) relevant to the programme.
Ahmadu Bello University accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level /IJMB passes in Chemistry and Biology in addition to O/L requirements.
- Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or IJMB or JUPEB passes in Biology and any one of Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics including UTME entry requirements.
Federal University Lafia accepts;
- IJMB: Minimum of 9 points in Biology and any two of Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
- GCE A’ Level: with Credit pass in Biology or Botany and at least two from Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics;
- ND: Lower credit in Science Lab. Tech and Food Technology;
- HND: In either Microbiology, Biotech or Biochemistry.
- NCE: Merit with Credit Pass in Integrated Science. For Microbiology,
Federal University Kashere accepts;
- Three ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and any other two of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany and Geography
- Minimum of 9 points in IJMB, 10 points in NCE with credit pass in the subject of specialization OR at least a Merit pass in relevant Diploma. In addition, the candidate must satisfy the ‘O’ Level requirement for the Programme.
Kaduna State University accepts;
- Two ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and any from Chemistry Physics, Zoology or Botany.
- ND/HND Lower Credit in related field. NCE merit and IJMB 7 Points and above in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR MICROBIOLOGY” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.