Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Mechanical Engineering with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Mechanical Engineering it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Mechanical engineering in any institution you must be a science student.
O’Level Mechanical Engineering Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Mechanical Engineering” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering
To become a graduate of Mechanical engineering in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Mechanical Engineering are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Mechanical Engineering
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level /IJMB Passes in Mathematics and Physics.
- ND in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of Upper Credit aggregate and Distinction in Mathematics from an accredited institution.
- HND with at least Lower Credit in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
Afe Babalola University, Cross River University of Technology, Igbinedion University, Ekiti State University and Federal University of Technology Minna accepts;
- Same as in Civil Engineering.
University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) accepts;
- HND lower credit or ND upper credit in Mechanical Engineering from accredited institutions plus UTME requirements.
Bell University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry.
- ND/HND upper credit in Mechanical Engineering.
CARITAS, PHC and NDU
- No Direct Entry.
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) accepts;
- ND/HND lower credit in Mechanical Engineering and at least ‘O’ Level pass in the English Language.
Enugu State University of Technology does not accept ND lower credit for Direct Entry.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, or equivalents.
- ND upper credit in Mechanical Engineering or relevant programmes.
Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) accepts;
- OND upper credit, NCE technical, and HND in Mech. Engineering
- GCE (Advanced Level) or equivalent passes at one sitting with at least 6 points in at least two of the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
Federal University of Technology Owerri (FFUTO) requires;
- At least two ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology or Engineering.
- First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. It does not accept NCE.
University of Ibadan accepts;
- As in Agricultural and Environmental Engineering.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accepts;
- A’Level IJMB or approved equivalent Pass in Mathematics, (Pure or/and Applied), Physics, and Chemistry with a minimum of 10 points.
- OND (Upper Credit) in Relevant Discipline with at least one-year post-diploma experience.
- First Degree from Physical Sciences at Second Class Lower Division may be admitted into 200 Level.
- HND in relevant Engineering discipline at Distinction or Upper Credits level from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology after NYSC may be considered for upgrading to 300 Level.
- First Degree Honours in Engineering discipline may be admitted into 300 Level of any other Engineering programme.
University of Jos (UNIJOS) requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and Physics. Accepts ND credit in Mechanical Engineering in addition to ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics.
Ladoke Akintola University and University of Benin accepts;
- Same as in Chemical Engineering.
Lagos State University (LASU) accepts;
- ND distinction or HND upper credit into 200 level.
- HND distinction into 300 level.
- Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
- GCE `A’ level credits pass in relevant subjects which include Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Tech. Drawing.
- OND/HND with a minimum of lower credit in Mechanical Engineering and any relevant field.
- IJMB 7 points minimum in English, Physics, Chemistry/Mathematics.
- ND/HND lower credits in relevant courses.
Nigerian Defence Academy requires;
- The other Science subject from Technical Drawing, Further Mathematics, Biology and Geography.
Niger Delta University, and University of Agriculture, Makurdi accept;
- Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) accepts;
- ND/HND upper credit in Mechanical Engineering to Part II and III appropriately.
OAU, BAYERO, and FUTA
- Do not accept NCE Technical.
Olabisi Onabajo University (OOU) accepts;
- ND/HND in relevant programmes.
UMUDIKE and LAUTECH accepts;
- ND/HND upper credit into 200 and 300 levels respectively.
University of Nigeria Nsukka accepts;
- Same as in Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering.
University of Uyo (UNIUYO) accepts;
- Same as in Computer Engineering.
Caritas University requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics plus ‘O’ Level credit pass in the English Language.
- ND, NCE Technical or HND in Mechanical Engineering for Direct Entry.
Rivers State University accepts:
- HND (Lower Credit) in relevant discipline.
- OND/ND (Upper Credit) in relevant disciplines.
- At least three (3) ‘A’ level passes at GCE in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Edo University, Iyamho accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- OND/HND not below credit level.
- Very good passes in JUPEB/IJMB Subjects: Literature in English and two (2) Arts or Social Sciences.
- B.Sc. in the relevant field not below Second Class Lower.
Delta State University requires;
- GCE ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics, Physics, and chemistry or equivalent.
- Merit in DELSU Diploma in Engineering
- ND in Engineering from Polytechnics with a grade not below than Upper Credit.
Federal University (FUOYE) requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun requires;
- ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
University of Lagos (UNILAG) accepts;
- Very good passes in three JUPEB/A’ Level subjects: Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
- ‘A’ level Cambridge HND/ND (Upper Credit) in related Engineering courses.
- Three (3) Advanced level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, including UTME entry requirements.
- OND (upper credit) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and COREN accredited institution including UTME entry requirements.
- HND (lower credit) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and COREN accredited institution with two (2) years working experience requirements
- Two (2) A-Level passes in Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.