Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Petroleum Engineering with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Petroleum Engineering it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Petroleum Engineering in any institution you must be a science student.
O’Level Petroleum Engineering Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Petroleum Engineering” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Petroleum Engineering
To become a graduate of Petroleum engineering in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Petroleum Engineering are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Petroleum Engineering
To gain admission into any universities of your choice through Direct Entry, you must have been a graduate of Polytechnic, Monotechnic, IJMB, College of Education/Agriculture. However, for you to gain admission into Petroleum engineering 200, 300, or 400 level then you must have obtained any of the results listed below;
Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) accepts;
- ND/HND in related Engineering programmes plus UTME requirements.
Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) requires;
- At least two ‘A’ Level passes not below Grade C in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- OND / HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, or Engineering.
- First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geology, or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. It does not accept NCE.
Igbinedion University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include Physics plus one of Mathematics and Chemistry.
- ND in Engineering related programmes.
University of Lagos (UNILAG) accepts;
- Very good passes in JUPEB subjects: Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
- A ‘level Cambridge HND/ND (Upper Credit).
Niger Delta University and University of Ibadan accept;
- Same as in Agricultural Engineering.
Nile University accepts;
- Same as in Computer Engineering.
Ondo State University of Science and Technology, and University of Benin (UNIBEN) requires;
- As in Chemical Engineering.
- Three (3) Advanced level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, including UTME entry requirements.
- OND (upper credit) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and COREN accredited institution including UTME entry requirements.
- HND (lower credit) in the relevant discipline from a recognized and COREN accredited institution with two (2) years working experience including UTME entry requirements.
Rivers State University accepts;
- HND (Lower Credit) in relevant discipline.
- OND/ND (Upper Credit) in relevant disciplines.
- At least three (3) ‘A’ level passes at GCE in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
University of Uyo (UNIUYO) accepts;
- ND/HND in relevant programmes plus UTME requirements.
- ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.