Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Statistics with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut-off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Statistics it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Statistics in any institution you must be a science student.
O’Level Statistics Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Statistics” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
JAMB Subject Combination for Statistics
To become a graduate of Statistics in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Statistics are:
Any other two subject
Direct Entry Requirement for Statistics
University of Uyo accepts;
- ND upper credit, HND lower credit and NCE merit in relevant programme/subject plus the UTME requirements.
University of Ibadan accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level subjects to include Mathematics plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language.
University of Ilorin accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics and Physics, Chemistry, Economics or Geography. From IJMB, JUPEP or its equivalent.
- National Diploma (ND) in Statistics with minimum of Lower Credits.
- NCE in Mathematics and any of Physics, Chemistry, Economics or Geography.
Benson Idahosa University accepts;
- NCE credit in Physics and other related subjects.
Abia State University -No Direct Entry.
Imo State University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes including Mathematics/Statistics, ND in Statistics from recognised institution.
- ND/HND in Statistics or relevant programme.
Federal University of Technology Owerri requires;
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Mathematics and Physics.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science or Engineering.
- First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It does not accept
NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- IJMB/ Two (2) A level credit passes in Mathematics and any one of physics, chemistry, Statistics, Economics or Geography.
- ND/HND/NCE at credit level in Computer science, Mathematics, Mathematics Education or Statistics.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta accepts;
- ND upper credit in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related programmes.
- NCE credit in relevant subjects plus the UTME requirements.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Statistics, Physics and Mathematics.
Federal University of Technology Akure accepts;
- ND in Statistics with a minimum of Upper Credit or equivalent from recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology
- GCE ‘A’ Level or equivalent with passes in Mathematics and at least one of the following subjects: Physics, Economics, Geography, Chemistry and Biology at minimum of grade C.
University of Nigeria Nsukka accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include Mathematics or Statistics plus the UTME requirements.
- NCE credit in relevant subjects plus the UTME requirement.
- UNN accepts ND upper credit, HND lower credit and NCE merit in relevant subject/programme plus the UTME requirements.
Kebbi State University of Science and Technology accepts;
- ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subjects such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics in addition to ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and either of Physics, Chemistry, Economics or Geography.
- It also accepts ND/HND credit in relevant programmes in addition to the UTME requirements.
Nile University – Same as in Computer Science.
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and one (1) subject from Physics, Economics, Geography, Chemistry and Biology.
- ND upper credit in Statistics from a recognised institution
- NCE credit in Mathematics and any other Physical Science subject.
Ahmadu Bello University accepts;
- Two ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Mathematics and any one of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography and Geology.
- NCE Mathematics/ Statistics with any of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography and Geology.
- ND in Mathematics/Statistics with Upper Credit in addition to O/L requirements. ABU Diploma in Mathematics with at least MERIT Grade.
University of Benin accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in any of the recognized equivalent by the Senate of the University of Benin at not more than two (2) sittings. The subjects should include Mathematics/Statistics and any other Science or relevant Social Science subjects, Economics, Accounting, Geography, Business Studies .
- ND upper credit in Mathematics/Statistics and other Science or relevant Social Science subjects in B (i) above from any recognized Polytechnic or Colleges of Technology by the Senate of the University of Benin.
- ND HND lower credit as in B (iv) above.
- NCE merit in Mathematics/Statistics and other Science or relevant Social Science subjects from a recognized College of Education by the Senate of the University of Benin. In addition, candidates should have overall merit grade.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi accepts; – Same as in Mathematics/Computer Science.
University of Abuja accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and either Physics and/or Chemistry OR NCE (minimum 10 points) with credit in Mathematics and another Science subject OR ND upper credit in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer science.
Federal University, Wukari accepts;
- Two ‘A’/Level passes in Science subjects or at GCE
- A/ Level IJMB/Advanced NABTEB or merit pass at NCE
- At least Lower credit in OND/HND in Mathematics. Candidate must also satisfy UTME admission requirements of Five (5) Credits including English Language and Mathematic.
University of Lagos accepts;
- Very good passes in the following three (3) JUPEB/’A’-level subjects: Physics, Mathematics and any one (1) of Chemistry, Biology, Economics and Geography and requires ‘O’ level credit pass in Further Mathematics. Does not accept NCE.
Federal University, Lafia accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes to include Mathematics or Statistics.
- NCE credit passes in relevant subjects to include IJMB, ND/HND, NCE like Mathematics.
Federal University, Kashere accepts;
- A’ Level credit passes in Physics and Mathematics.
Kaduna State University accepts;
- Two ‘A’ Level passes in Mathematics and Physics. NCE merit in Mathematics and any of Physics, Statistics, Chemistry.
- ND/HND Lower Credit in related field. IJMB/GCE ‘A’ Level 7 points and above in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements.
Bayero University requires;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics and any other science subject.
- NCE with at least merit in Mathematics and one of Physics, Chemistry.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR STATISTICS” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.