Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Agricultural Economics and Extension with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying his decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Agricultural Economics and Extension it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Agricultural Economics and Extension in any institution you must be a science student.
Agricultural Economics and Extension O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Agricultural Economics and Extension” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
- Biology / Agricultural Science
- and one of Geography, Physics, Economics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics and Extension
To become a graduate of Agricultural Economics and Extension in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Agricultural Economics and Extension are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Agricultural Economics and Extension
Abia State University accepts;
- ND/HND at credit level.
University of Calabar accepts:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology / Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science/ Geography /Geology /Economics and Mathematics.
- HND, ND/NCE merit but does not accept IJMB and accepts at least ‘O’ Level pass in Physics
Ekiti State University and BAUCHI accept;
- ‘O’ Level pass in Physics
University of Uyo accepts;
- ND upper credit, HND lower credit, NCE merit in relevant programs plus UTME requirements.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi accepts; – As in Agricultural Economics
- GCE `A’ Level credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Sc.
- OND/HND in Agric and other relevant field with a minimum of Lower Credit.
- IJMB with 7 points credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science or Mathematics.
River State University of Science and Technology accepts;
- ND upper credit, HND/NCE at credit level in relevant subjects, plus UTME requirements into 200 level.
Ladoke Akintola Uiversity of Technology accepts;
- ND upper credit, HND/NCE at credit level in relevant subjects, plus the UTME requirements.
- ‘A’ Level passes to include Chemistry and any of Biology, Agricultural Science, Economics
- ND lower credit and NCE merit
- HND upper credit and NCE Distinction
Ebonyi State University accepts:
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/ Zoology/Agric Science,
Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/ Mathematics (Pure and Applied)
- NCE with minimum merit passes in relevant subjects
- HND and OND with minimum of upper credit in relevant programs.
- Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Agricultural Science and anyone from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Economics including UTME entry requirements.
- OND (Upper Credit) in Agriculture from a recognized Institution including UTME entry requirements.
- HND with at least a (Lower Credit) from a recognized institution, including UTME entry requirements for a 3-year degree program.
- Diploma in Agriculture from a recognised institution with minimum of Credit Pass, including UTME entry requirements.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.