Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Agricultural Economics with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying his decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Agricultural Economics it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Agricultural Economics in any institution you must be a science student.
Agricultural Economics O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Agricultural Economics” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
- Biology / Agricultural Science
- and one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics
To become a graduate of Agricultural Economics in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Agricultural Economics are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Agricultural Economics
University of Nigeria Nsukka accepts:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and any of Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science. Economics, Physics Geography/Geology, Mathematics (Pure & Applied) in addition to the UTME requirements.
- ND/NCE/HND and Degree in Agricultural Science/Animal Health and related programs with a minimum of lower credit/merit in addition to UTME requirements.
Obafemi Awolowo University accepts:
- Two (2) `A’ Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/ Botany/ Agricultural Science/ Biology, Mathematics, Physics, or Economics.
- HND/ND in Agriculture obtained at upper credit level from recognized Institution.
University of Benin accepts;
- ND upper credit/HND lower credit in any one of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, and Cooperatives, Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife Mgt., Geology, Advanced Microbiology, Food and Brewing Science, Science Laboratory Technology plus the UTME requirements.
- NCE merit in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics plus the UTME requirements. Does not accept ‘A’ Level pass in Health Science.
Delta State University accepts;
- ND/HND upper credit only
- NCE credit in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
Olabisi Onabanjo University accepts:
- Credit in ND Agriculture into 100 level.
- ‘A’ Level pass in both Chemistry and Biology.
- ND distinction, HND credit, NCE credit double major in Agriculture
Imo State University accepts;
- NCE credit, ND/HND Double major credit in Agriculture into 200 level of the programme.
UMUDIKE as in Agriculture.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi accepts;
- ND/HND/NCE in Agriculture, Agricultural Science, and Education, Forestry, Home Economics, Food Science, and wildlife along with the UTME requirements. Candidates with ‘O’ Level credit pass in only one of Mathematics and Physics must have ‘O’ Level pass in the other.
Federal University of Technology Owerri requires;
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any one of Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics, Physics, and Economics.
- OND/HND at Upper Credit in Life Sciences.
- First Degree in Life Sciences.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry and any two (2) of Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
University of Osun same as in Fisheries.
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology requires;
- Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, and any of Physics/Economics /Geography.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta accepts:
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics/Physics.
- HND/ND in Agriculture obtained at upper credit level from a recognized institution.
- NCE credit in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics plus UTME requirements.
Landmark University accepts;
- Two (2) A level passes in Chemistry and one in Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.