Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Animal Production with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying their decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Animal Production it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Animal Production in any institution you must be a science student.
Animal Production O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Animal Prodction” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
- Biology / Agricultural Science
- and one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Animal Production
To become a graduate of Animal Production in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Animal Production are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Animal Production
Federal University of Technology Minna accept;
- NCE, ND, HND with overall credit passes in each of the Agricultural components of the programme or a minimum of lower credit plus four (4) ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects.
University of Ibadan requires;
- Two (2) of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and ND/HND in Agriculture or Animal Health and Husbandry.
Ekiti State University – Same as in Agricultural Economics and Extension and does not accept NCE.
Adamawa State University accepts
- ND distinction, HND credit, NCE credit double major in Agriculture
Niger Delta University – Same as in Fisheries Technology.
Ladoke Akintola University requires;
- ND with upper credit/HND/NCE at credit level in relevant subjects, plus the UTME requirements
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one (1) of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Mathematics or Physics.
- ND/HND upper credit in Agriculture from a recognised institution in any one of Animal Sciences, Animal Production and Health, Husbandry, Agricultural Economics, Fisheries and Forestry and Wildlife Management plus the UTME requirements.
- NCE credit in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics plus the UTME requirements.
Federal University of Technology Akura requires;
- ND with a minimum of upper credit or equivalent from recognised Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology in Agricultural Sciences.
- GCE or equivalent passes at one sitting with at least six (6) points in Biology/Animal Husbandry and any of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Joseph Ayo Babalola University requires;
- Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any others from Economics, Physics, Geography and Mathematics. ND/NCE upper credit in relevant areas.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ANIMAL PRODUTION AND HEALTH” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.
Yusuf Kabiru Usman says
If I have An lower credit in animal health and production technology have you got admittion at animal production and health in fuwukari?