Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Animal Science with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying his decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Animal Science it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Animal Science in any institution you must be a science student.
Animal Science O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Animal Science” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
- Biology / Agricultural Science
- and one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Animal Science
To become a graduate of Animal Science in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Animal Science are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Animal Science
Obafemi Awolowo University and Abia State University accept;
- HND upper credit. OAU does not accept Geography, Geology, and Economics.
University of Calabar and Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University accept – Same as in Agriculture Economics and Extension.
University of Benin, University of Nigeria Nsukka, and Delta State University accept – As in Agricultural Economics.
University of Maiduguri accepts;
- NCE/ND/HND in relevant programs
Imo State University accepts;
- ND credit in related programs and HND credit level.
- Two (2) A/level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Agricultural Science and anyone from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Economics including UTME entry requirements.
- OND (Upper Credit) in Agriculture from a recognized Institution including UTME entry requirements.
- HND with at least a (Lower Credit) from a recognized institution, including UTME entry requirements for a 3-year degree programme.
- Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution with a minimum of Credit Pass, including UTME entry requirements.
Federal University of Technology Owerri accepts;
- At least two (2) A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any one of Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Economics.
- OND/HND at Upper Credit in Life Sciences.
- First Degree in Life Sciences.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Chemistry and any two (2) of Biology/ Agricultural Science, Mathematics and Physics. It does not accept NCE. Candidates must in addition meet the ‘O’ Level requirements.
River State University of Science and Technology accepts:
- HND (Lower Credit) in relevant discipline.
- OND (Upper Credit) in related discipline.
- NCE holders with credit passes in Biology or Agric Science.
- Two (2) HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta accepts; – Same as in Animal Production and Health.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi accepts;
- ND at lower credit in Agriculture or Animal Production and Health
- NCE merit in Agricultural Science or Animal Science major may be admitted to 100 level. – Candidates with a minimum of upper credit in Agriculture or Animal Production and Health may be admitted to 200 level. – Candidates with the UTME requirements, plus NCE credit in Agricultural Science or Animal Science
Double Major may be admitted to 200 levels. –
- Candidates with the UTME requirements, plus HND, upper credit pass Agriculture or Animal Production and Health may be admitted to 300 level.
University of Calabar accepts;
- HND credit, ND/NCE merit in Agricultural Science or related programs.
- ND in Animal Production and health or any other program with animal science-related options with a minimum of a lower credit pass in addition to the UTME requirements.
Ebonyi State University accepts;
- NCE with minimum merit passes in relevant subjects.
- HND and ND with minimum of upper credit in relevant programs.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR ANIMAL SCIENCE” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.