Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Crop Production with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students from studying his decided course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Crop Production it is either you change to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year. However, for you to study Crop Production in any institution you must be a science student.
Crop Production O’Level Subject Combination. (WAEC or NECO)
Before obtaining the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Crop Production” must have at least a minimum of five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
- Biology / Agricultural Science
- and one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Crop Production
To become a graduate of Crop Production in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once a year and the subject combination for Crop Production are:
Direct Entry Requirement for Crop Production
Federal University of Technology Minna
- Does not accept Social Science subjects. Other requirements are as in Agriculture.
Olabisi Onabanjo University requires
- ‘A’ Level passes in both Chemistry and Biology. It accepts ND distinction/credit,
- HND credit, and NCE Double Major at credit level in Agriculture to 100/200 level programme.
River State University accepts – Same as in Animal Science.
Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta accepts;
- NCE/ND/HND with a minimum of lower credit level in addition to the UTME requirements.
Adamawa State University – as in Animal Production & Fisheries
Ekiti State University and Federal University of Technology Akure – as in Agricultural Economics and Extension.
- NCE, ND program in addition to the UTME requirements.
Imo State University accepts;
- ND or NCE Double Major and HND in Agriculture with at least a credit pass.
Federal University of Technology Owerri and University of Benin – Same as in Agricultural Economics.
University of Nigeria Nsukka same as in Agricultural Economics and Extension
- OND/HND in Agric or any other relevant field, with a minimum of Lower Credit.
- IJMB with at least 7 cumulative points in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. & Physics/ Mathematics.
- NCE with a minimum of merit grade in agriculture.
- GCE ‘A’ credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science.
Federal University of Technology Akure requires:
- ND with a minimum of upper credit from recognized Polytechnics or Colleges of Technology in relevant Agriculture based disciplines.
- University Diploma with at least lower credit, JUPEB, IJMB and Cambridge A level.
- At least two (2) General Certificate in Education (GCE) ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and any of the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics and Biology or Agricultural Science with a minimum of C.
Obafemi Awolowo University accepts;
- HND/ND in Agriculture obtained at upper credit level from a recognized Institution.
University of Calabar accepts;
- HND, NCE/ND at merit level but does not accept IJMB.
Kwara State University accepts;
- ND/HND, NCE in relevant subjects in addition to the UTME requirements.
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi accepts;
- Two (2) `A’ Level passes in any of Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science/Botany/Zoology or Mathematics (Pure & Applied), Physics, Geology and Economics.
- NCE/ND/HND credit/merit in Agriculture
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology accepts;
- Two (2) `A’ Level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science or Physics
- NCE/ND/HND credit/merit in Agriculture
Ebonyi State University accepts;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science/Zoology or Physics/Mathematics/Economics.
- NCE with minimum merit passes in relevant subjects
- HND and ND with minimum of upper credit in relevant programs
HOPE THIS ARTICLE “SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR CROP PRODUCTION” IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.